The Le Meridian hotel is the best hotel in Sarong. Being across from the airport is its biggest competitive advantage over the competition. The hotel has around 40 rooms all are large and mostly modern. TV’s could be larger with more channel selection.
There is now also a nice resort outside of town as well as another high end hotel but is impractical for the distance from the airport or the ferry port.
It use to be a lot more expensive, they have lower their rates to a more reasonable level for the quality of hotel. They like to thing of themselves as a 4 star but really only would be considered a 2 star. No pool or water features. No entertainment. smoking allowed in all of the public areas. Prices for transportation excessive.
- All air-com rooms
- All rooms with lots of hot water
- Large comfortable beds
- Across from the Airport
- Competent staff
- Across from the airport a little noisy during the day -No Night operation
- Breakfast sucks would start riots if it was served in a prison
- Food in restaurant not much better
- no views from rooms
- long hallways and slow elevators